The Highly Rural Veterans Transportation Program provides transportation free of charge for veterans who reside in Baylor, Cottle, Foard, and Hardeman counties. SHARP Lines coordinates with American Legion Post 142 to provide transportation for non-emergency medical related needs for veterans who live in these counties to the following medical facilities:
- Thomas E. Creek VA Medical Center, Amarillo, Texas;
- Childress VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic, Childress, Texas;
- Lubbock Outpatient Clinic, Lubbock, Texas;
- Dallas VA Medical Center, Dallas, Texas;
- VA Outpatient Clinic in Lawton, Oklahoma;
- VA Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; or,
- Other medical facilities approved for VA medical services within 250 miles of Baylor, Cottle, Foard, or Hardeman County.
To schedule a ride call 1-877-633-8747. A Mobility Specialist will work with you to:
- determine if your trip meets the requirements for the program;
- determine your transportation needs, including:
- date, time, and location of trip,
- mobility needs such as a cane, walker, or wheel chair,
- need for an attendant; and,
- explain trip procedures.